Online Health & Safety, & Human Resources guidance and templates with Helpline
BusinessGuard provides a wide range of crucial services to businesses in the areas of risk management strategies, employment law and legal compliance. Our expertise includes:
- Health and Safety
- HR and Employment Law
- Quality Assurance Management
- Environmental Management
This is an exclusive area of our website from which you can access meaningful information and download a variety of essential documentation.
BusinessGuard offers a suite of valuable tools which include the opportunity to ‘Ask The Expert’, an area to access your own personal library of information, and a self-assessment questionnaire so that you can find out how you can improve safety and compliance.
£35+vat per annum for Health & Safety, £35+vat for HR and Employment Law or £60+vat per annum for both.
Cowens ‘Small Business’ BusinessGuard+
Helping businesses with 5 or less employees stay safe and compliant
For most businesses, ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and employment law is not their number one priority, with so many other issues to deal with. It can be time-consuming and confusing, but it is essential in order to safeguard your business for a sustainable and profitable future.
The Cowens Small Business BusinessGuard packages are a practical and cost-effective way for those businesses who have 5 employees or less to access our consultants instead of employing someone to look after that side of your business.
The product consists of tools and support to take the hassle out of managing risk to your business, as well as an invaluable unlimited 24-hour advice helpline. No visits are required, as all audits are done over the telephone, so that there’s as little disruption as possible to your working day.
The Health and Safety Package and Employment Law Package cost just £50 + VAT per month each, subject to a minimum initial three year agreement.
Depending on whether you choose the Health and Safety or Employment Law package (or both) the features include:
- Telephone audit carried out by a qualified consultant
- Creation of bespoke policies, handbooks and manuals (i.e. health and safety policy, contracts of employment, employee handbooks)
- Production of associated documentation
- Unlimited 24-hour Health and Safety or Employment Law telephone advice line
- Annual compliance audits
- Legal Funding Agreement
- Health and Safety instruction and guidance
- Competent Person status
- Assistance with accreditations such as CHAS, Constructionline and SafeContractor
- Library of HR documentation and templates
- Breaking news, including the latest legislation updates
- HR Helper – useful HR tools and calculators
- ‘My Library’ to file your most relevant papers, documents and templates
Helping businesses with more than 5 employees stay safe and compliant
Of course, as your business grows you may need more support, so Cowens BusinessGuard+ offers all of the benefits of regular BusinessGuard, but with an additional tailor-made package of support built around your exact requirements and number of employees, but just as cost-effective.
- Add-on services can include:
- Health and Safety Audit
- Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling Assessments
- COSHH Assessments
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Safety
- Method Statements
- Asbestos survey
- Competent person
- Noise survey
- Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
The HR package includes the following services:
- Preparation of new/revised Human Resources Documentation
- Review of current procedures, followed by preparation of documentation, and maintaining it at regular intervals in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of legislation.
- Contracts of Employment
- A detailed Staff Handbook including the following:
- Discipline and grievance procedures
- Discrimination (including age, disability, race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation)
- Employment contracts
- Family-friendly issues (including maternity and paternity leave)
- Flexible working policies
- Holiday pay
- Performance management (including the appraisal process)
- Recruitment and selection procedures
- Redundancy procedures
- Sickness and absence procedures
- Employment relations
To find out more about Cowens BusinessGuard or our Cowens BusinessGuard+ packages, please contact us.